Now Hiring: Events Promotions Director
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. hosts, promotes and fund raises public events throughout the entire year, and we are looking for a new member of the team to head up this mission!
The Events Promotion Director is the primary event employee who:
- Promotes and designs events that supports and/or promotes Downtown Anchorage.
- Identifies, cultivates and maintains sponsorships for all events
- Implements public events
- Measures the outcome of all events for Downtown Anchorage and our sponsors.
The Events Promotion Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- PRIMARY DUTY: Create events for Downtown Anchorage and oversee all logistics, including: fundraising, budgeting, design, volunteer management, marketing, and measurement. This includes:
- Identify, develop and maintain sponsorships/grants for Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. events, including preparation of sponsorship proposals and grant requests
- Develop calendars and action plans for each Annual fund campaign
- Work with Downtown businesses to cooperatively plan and promote events
- Create and monitor budget for events and marketing
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys, speakers
- Work with Marketing Director to create promotional materials for events
- Identify new ways to vitalize Downtown through events, partnerships, space activation, etc.
- Work with various committees and groups on joint events as they arise
- Coordinate with Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. supervisory staff to provide support for Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. events
- Lead event team during day of set-up, etc… rebound/adjust from last minutes changes due to weather, vendors, etc…
- Ensure sponsorship benefits are contractually met, including sponsorship wrap-up reports and thank you cards
- Establish and service benefits, privileges, recognition, acknowledgements and incentives for donors and volunteers in order to maintain and improve relations.
- Hire and oversee contract staff to assist in managing events
- Keep inventory of event props, backdrops, banners, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven sales and fundraising skills and knowledge of fund-raising management
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products, InDesign and Adobe Suite Products a plus
- Social Media proficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the general public
- Superior organizational and communication abilities
- Creative, innovative approach to event-making
- Ability to stretch small budgets and efficiently utilize large budgets
- Ability to work well under short deadlines
- Ability to work well on behalf of diverse member business and property owners
- Ability to work long hours during events
- Ability to work outside in all kinds of weather (majority of ADP events take place outside)
- Ability to work well with vendors, performers, and other event participants
The Events Promotion Director will serve the community and will be required to meet with stakeholders, sponsors, vendors and other parties. Interaction with our partners in public events and the community we serve is crucial to health and viability of the entire organization.
If you’re a perfect fit for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Do not hesitate to reach out with any other questions!