Now Hiring: Funding Specialist
We are looking for a funding specialist to join our team to help keep downtown Anchorage clean, safe and vital for our community. At Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd., our purpose is to assure a vibrant downtown. We also seek projects that serve our downtown businesses and their customer base by catalyzing downtown development and vibrancy.
As a Funding Specialist, your role is to help identify funding needs, strategize solutions, and implement them. You will conduct needs assessments to understand the funding needs in collaboration with Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. staff. With tools and resources, you will identify, select, and recommend funding plans for specific projects. You will also research and stay up-to-date of new funding developments. You will lead and coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant and low-interest loan proposals for projects for downtown Anchorage.
This position’s primary responsibility is working with Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. staff to understand funding needs and to develop holistic solutions. To develop funding plans, much of your time will involve professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, and developing grant and low-interest loan applications. Your duties include:
- Working with Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. staff, and clients to understand project or community needs;
- Assisting with project development and developing a trusted advisor relationship with the clients you service;
- Conducting stakeholder interviews of the downtown business community and Anchorage Downtown Partnership Ltd. and help stakeholders prioritize funding pursuits
- Developing lists for funding opportunities followed with a recommendation on what to pursue that would result in the greatest return on investment;
- Preparing and submitting outstanding funding applications;
- Following file maintenance standards;
- Assisting with marketing tasks; and
- Additional duties as business needs change.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1 year or more of experience in grant writing is desired but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand the needs of downtown businesses and identify opportunities; have a natural knack for interfacing with diverse stakeholders including business owners, public interest groups, funding agencies, and others.
- Proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data, including basic budgeting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, while also being self-driven and disciplined to set personal deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus.
- Ability to assess funding opportunities and evaluate the impact a grant award will have on the client and our organization.
- Be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, work effectively under pressure, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within time and budget constraints.
- Passionate about the Non-profit sector.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to:
We will be closing the application process by end of August.
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd.