Downtown Summer Solstice Festival
Thanks for joining us at the 2016 Downtown Summer Solstice Festival on June 18th. It was one of Anchorage’s most exciting summer events!
Pictures from the event are available below!
The festival was a great opportunity to bask in the solstice sun and participate in one of Anchorage’s most highly anticipated summer events!
Attendees enjoyed events such as
- The Kendall Toyota Hero Games: A friendly competition between Alaska’s first responders charging through obstacle courses, bucket brigades and different relays.
- Rage City Roller Girls: Coming to 4th Avenue, watch these ladies tear it up from 2-3pm on the corner of 4th and H.
- Kids’ Play Zone: A great way to entertain on a budget. Includes a free petting zoo, Steven’s Puppets, and a giant sandbox. For a small fee you can enjoy our kayak pool, and various games from Tons ‘o Fun Entertainment and Alaska Bungee Bounce.
- Midnight Sun Skate Jam: Pro skateboarders team with local enthusiasts to bring you on a wild ride courtesy of AK Board Room, 49th Supply Co. and the gaslight bar and Lounge!
- The Taste of Anchorage Food Zone features delectable treats from local Alaskan chefs & food trucks
- Alaskan Arts & Crafts will showcase beautiful pieces of art & various goods sold by local art vendors.
- Hard Rock Cafe Music & Beer Garden on E Street is a refreshing stop while heading down 4th avenue! Enjoy music, food, and a frothy beverage.
- Visit the Alaska Blood Bank LIFEmobile on 4th Avenue between E and F st to give blood and learn more about the Blood Bank’s new location.
Brought to you by: EasyPark • ConocoPhillips • Diamond Parking • Anchorage PRESS • Movin 105.7 • Delta Air Lines • Kendall Toyota of Anchorage • Cricket Wireless