- What is it?
- A Downtown Pass is a card (or keychain) that gives you access to exclusive savings at Downtown restaurants, boutiques, attractions, experiences, and even health services! These discounts change by each First Friday, every month, and have annual offers as well.
- Where do I buy a Downtown Pass?
- How much is a Downtown Pass?
- It’s only $49!
- What types of payments are accepted on a Downtown Pass?
- You may purchase the Pass with cash, Apple pay, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover
- When does my Downtown Pass expire?
- This Downtown Pass is valid through December 31, 2017
- When does the validity period begin?
- Your Pass is valid once you sign the back of the card.
- Where can I use my Downtown Pass?
- You may use your Pass at any participating Downtown businesses detailed during the duration of their offer (ie. specific First Friday, specific month, all year)
- How does a Downtown Pass card work?
- Present your pass at the participating business to save! The business may ask for your ID, or they may simply record the serial number on the back.
- Is there a Downtown Pass App?
- We hear you! It’s coming soon.
- Do you offer additional discounts for seniors, military, students or groups?
- We currently offer 10% off for active military members and seniors.
- What is your return policy?
- If the physical card is returned within seven days, we will issue a refund of up to 50% of the amount paid for the Pass.
- How long does it take to receive a Downtown Pass card?
- If you purchase your pass at our office or at a Downtown event you receive the Pass immediately! If you order over the phone or online, there are 2 days of processing and then regular shipment times through USPS (5-7 business days).
- Is there an age limit for the Downtown Pass card holder?
- There is no age limit! Some businesses may offer alcohol promotions, and those are only redeemable by +21.
- Can I transfer or share my Downtown Pass card?
- The Downtown Pass is non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed by anyone other than the Pass holder, but may be purchased as a gift for someone.
- Can I give Downtown Pass as a gift?
- The Downtown Pass is a great gift option! Go ahead and purchase the pass for a loved one or friend, and insert their email address so we can contact them with discount updates.
- What if my Downtown Pass card gets lost?
- In the case of loss of a Downtown Pass card, please notify us immediately (in writing). A replacement card can be issued for a processing fee of $50. [Every cardholder must store their Downtown Pass in such a way that it cannot be accessed by third parties. If the cardholder forgets the card, they shall not be able to use the promotion and no reimbursement shall be made.]
- Can I use my Downtown Pass more than once on the same offer?
- The frequency of offers redeemable is up to the discretion of each participating business. If it is not specified, each offer is a one-time redemption.
- How do I write a review about my experience with Downtown Pass?
- Visit our website and submit the Feedback Form! We appreciate any and all feedback on your experiences with us and our participating businesses. In the future, there will be prizes for surveys that we send out!
- When will the Downtown Pass price change?
- The Downtown Pass price is subject to change during the year. However, it will continue to be a one-time fee for the entirety of 2017.
- Is it safe to buy a Downtown Pass from eBay, Craigslist, or individuals?
- It is not safe to buy a Downtown Pass from any vendor other than Anchorage Downtown Partnership.
- Is parking included with Downtown Pass?
- Parking is not included with the Downtown Pass; however, there are parking discounts (either $10 or $5) for monthly parking permits as a perk of the Downtown Pass!
- Is shipping included in the Downtown Pass price?
- Shipping is not included in the base price of a Downtown Pass.
- When I use my Downtown Pass card at a business do I need to pay an additional tax?
- Simply put, your Downtown Pass gives you access to discounts from participating businesses. All further product/experience charges from the businesses are up to their discretion.
- How do I subscribe or unsubscribe from your eNews list?
- Click here and fill out the form on the bottom of the page! This is the best way we can notify you of upcoming discounts and local promotions.
- Who do I contact if my business wants to participate in the Downtown Pass program?
- If you’re a local business that wants to get involved – contact John Guintu at 907-279-5650 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The following terms & conditions regulate the contractual relationship between the Downtown Pass holder and Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. By purchasing a Downtown Pass, the customer accepts these terms & conditions.
The Downtown Pass holder recognizes that while visiting the businesses they are solely a contractual partner of the operator of the business in question and that only the terms & conditions applying to that business are relevant in connection to the business.
To clarify, these terms & conditions only regulate the contractual relationship between Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. and the Downtown Pass holder with regard to the Downtown Pass.
1. Conclusion of the contract
By accepting these terms & conditions, the customer confirms that the contract with Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. cannot be cancelled except where mandatory under the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection.
2. The Downtown Pass
The Downtown Pass is a serial numbered card that, against a one-time payment, entitles the card holder to a single discount at each business listed in the online Downtown Pass Guidebook during the month/day of each detailed special.
3. Card holder
The card holder is the person to whom the Downtown Pass was issued. The card holder must have their name printed on the Downtown Pass on the reverse side. The card is personal and non-transferable without the written permission of Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd.
4. Downtown Pass guidebook
The online Downtown Pass guidebook is produced by Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. and available online with the Downtown Pass. The Downtown Pass guidebook lists all businesses participating in the Downtown Pass, including contact and opening hours.
This information is provided to the best of our knowledge. However, Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. cannot guarantee the correctness and completeness of the information, as changes to the opening hours, in particular, may occur on short notice. Downtown Pass holders are urged to verify the currentness of the information on the websites of the contractual partners.
5. Rights and duties of the card holder
The card holder must present their respective Downtown Pass addressed to their legal name on the back of the card; otherwise, the Downtown Pass will not be valid.
During the validity period of the Downtown Pass, the card holder may use the services as listed on the Downtown Pass online guidebook. The card holder must produce a valid official photo ID if asked to by a contractual partner.
The customer is not entitled to any reimbursement for unused or not consumed services or for businesses being closed during the validity period of their pass.
The cardholder is obliged to store the Downtown Pass carefully.
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. shall not be liable for any deficiencies, damages, losses, or non-provision of services by individual contractual partners. Any complaints and claims the cardholder may have regarding the use of the services of a contractual partner can therefore only be raised against the relevant business member of Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. In such a case, the terms & conditions of the relevant business member of Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. shall apply. Where claims are not subject to the disposition of the parties and/or there is a liability of Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. towards the cardholder, the liability of Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. shall be limited to a maximum of 50% of the actual price paid for the Downtown Pass.
7. Period of validity
The Downtown Pass is valid for the full calendar year of 2017, as agreed. The Downtown Pass may be used within the validity period; thereafter, the card shall no longer be valid. If the contract between Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. and a member business of the operator of an offer is terminated, the Downtown Pass shall no longer be valid for that attraction.
8. Loss of the card
In case of loss of an unused Downtown Pass, Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. must be notified immediately. We strongly recommend making the notification in writing as proof of notification. A replacement card will be issued to the cardholder against payment of a processing fee of $50. Every cardholder must store their Downtown Pass in such a way that it cannot be accessed by third parties. If the cardholder forgets the card, they shall not be able to use the promotion and no reimbursement shall be made.
9. Privacy and data protection
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. processes the cardholder’s personal data received (in particular: full name, address, phone number, email address), hereinafter referred to as “data”, and the data obtained during the use of the Downtown Pass. By purchasing the Downtown Pass, the cardholder agrees that these data may also be used by Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. and its business members for tourism-related evaluations and for the development and optimization of the Downtown Pass. At any time, the cardholder may withdraw this consent without giving any reason by contacting Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. The data shall not be disclosed to third parties.
10. Place of performance and jurisdiction
The place of performance and place of jurisdiction is Anchorage, Alaska, specific to the Downtown Improvement District (DID).
Additional agreements shall only be valid in writing.
12. Special provisions for online purchases
Items 1 through 11 shall also apply to online purchases. The following additional provisions shall apply:
12.1.) The purpose of the website downtown.org is the sale of the Downtown Pass.
12.2.) An online purchase can only be made with a valid credit card.
12.3.) Personal data required for purchases or enquiries, such as name, phone number, address or e-mail address, will only be used for the abovementioned purposes and will not be disclosed to third parties.