NOW HIRING: Events Promotion Director
We are looking for a new Events Promotion Director to join our fantastic team! Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. hosts, promotes and fund raises public events throughout the entire year, all of which are funded primarily through business sponsorships. The Events Promotion Director is the primary event employee who promotes and designs events that supports and/or promotes Downtown Anchorage, develops and maintains sponsorships for all events, implements public events and measures the outcome of all events for Downtown Anchorage and our sponsors. Apply now and read more here!
Fill out the form below and attach your resume. Or, please click on this link.
Questions? Please call: 907-279-5650 or email email@example.com
ANCHORAGE DOWNTOWN PARTNERSHIP, LTD.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Events Promotion Director
ADP PURPOSE: To assure a vibrant Downtown.
ADP VISION: By 2025, Downtown is the place to connect, create, and invest.
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. hosts, promotes and fund raises public events throughout the entire year, all of which are funded primarily through business sponsorships. The Events Promotion Director is the primary event employee who:
- Promotes and designs events that supports and/or promotes Downtown Anchorage.
- Develops and maintains sponsorships for all events
- Implements public events
- Measures the outcome of all events for Downtown Anchorage and our sponsors.
The Events Promotion Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- PRIMARY DUTY: Create events for Downtown Anchorage and oversee all logistics, including: fundraising, budgeting, design, volunteer management, marketing, and measurement. This includes:
- Identify, develop and maintain sponsorships/grants for Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. events, including preparation of sponsorship proposals and grant requests
- Work with Downtown businesses to cooperatively plan and promote events
- Create and monitor budget for events and marketing
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys, speakers
- Oversee creation and distribution of all marketing and promotional materials for events
- Identify new ways to vitalize Downtown through events, partnerships, space activation, etc.
- Work with various committees and groups on joint events as they arise
- Organize and coordinate Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. Administrative team members and Ambassadors providing support for Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. events
- Lead event team during day of set-up, etc… rebound/adjust from last minutes changes due to weather, vendors, etc…
- Ensure sponsorship benefits are contractually met, including sponsorship wrap-up reports and thank you cards.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors/sponsors
- Hire and oversee contract staff to assist in managing events
- Keep inventory of event props, backdrops, banners, etc.
- Provide assistance for silent auction, prize and in-kind donation solicitations
- Assist with Social Media management
- Assist with strategic planning for organization
- Other duties as assigned
TYPICAL ANNUAL EVENTS (Subject to change)
- New Year’s Eve Celebration (December)
- Crystal Gallery of Ice Competition (January)
- Heart of Anchorage Awards (March)
- Music in the Park (Summer)
- Live After Five Concert Series (Summer)
- Summer Solstice Festival (June)
- Pirate Pub Crawl (September)
- Trick or Treat Street (October)
- Holiday Tree Lighting (November)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Desktop and/or laptop computer(s)
- Various outdoor event amenities, such as canopies, tables, chairs, etc
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to present information to different audiences and groups
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products, InDesign and Adobe Suite Products a plus
- Social Media proficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the general public
- Creative, innovative approach to event-making
Ability to stretch small budgets and efficiently utilize large budgets
- Ability to work well under short deadlines
- Ability to work well on behalf of diverse member business and property owners
Ability to work long hours during events
- Ability to work outside in all kinds of weather (majority of ADP events take place outside)
- Ability to work well with vendors, performers, and other event participants
The Events Promotion Director will serve the community and will be required to meet with stakeholders, sponsors, vendors and other parties. Interaction with our partners in public events and the community we serve is crucial to health and viability of the entire organization.
The Events Promotion Director will establish key relationships as an employee while performing the essential fundraising and promotion functions of this job. The employee will be the primary liaison between the organization and sponsors / donors; the Executive Director; other staff members; and, the general public.
This job description does not include all essential or nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Executive Director to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. An employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if they can safely perform the essential function of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts, working conditions or similar behaviors, attributes or requirements associated with a job. It is intended for the sole purpose of acquainting a person who is unfamiliar with such position with a brief overview of the position’s general direction and scope. This is not a contract.