Events & Marketing Intern Needed!
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. is now recruiting a summer Events Management & Marketing Intern! Gain valuable business experience and relevant training through your work with our collaborative team here!
This is a chance to take advantage of a feedback-rich internship in which you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and work at outdoor events, learn about – and practice – Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Social Media, and become involved with not-for-profit community organizations.
The deadline for submitting your resume is April 18th.
PRIMARY DUTY: The intern, under the guidance of The Partnership’s executive staff, will support the Events Director and other staff members in event design, logistics, and implementation; marketing; survey creation and implementation. The Event Management and Marketing Intern will ultimately assist the facilitation of The Partnership’s large summer events while taking the lead on our summer music programming. Responsibilities include:
- Represent the organization at all music programming and festival events
- Collect survey data from event attendees
- Develop relationships with event vendors, sponsors, and community partners
- Develop Summer Solstice Hero Games
- Take lead on social media marketing for all Downtown Partnership events
- Distribute event posters and promote Downtown Partnership events as necessary
- Demonstrate professionalism and ability to self-direct
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing or possessing secondary education in communications, management, marketing, logistics, or related field
- Strong organizational, speaking, and customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Social Media content-development familiarity preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite products familiarity preferred
- College-level writing skills
- Work closely with others in a team setting
- Self-directed and able to execute programming development with little supervision
If you think you fit the bill, send your resume and statement of intent to Sofia at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!