We are always accepting resumes and applications for the Maintenance and Security staff! Read here for more details about the position, and feel free to stop by our office to submit your application at any time.
To increase cleanliness, occupancy rates, investment values and lease income, to decrease crime, and to generally stimulate economic development and improve the quality of life in downtown Anchorage.
Maintenance Ambassadors perform manual cleaning, upkeep and minor related maintenance tasks within the Anchorage Downtown Improvement District.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empty trash receptacles, collect and dispose of rubbish
- Clear litter, leaves, weeds, snow and ice from pathways within the public right-of-way
- Operate trucks, sweepers, tractors and snow plows
- Perform other routine manual maintenance related work
- Provide maintenance support for public events in downtown
- Recognize and report any acts of theft, destruction, abuse or negligence to the Director of Maintenance
- Give directions to visitors and assist with outside activities
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, blueprints, schematics and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid and clean Alaska driver’s license
- CPR certification or the ability to obtain certification
- BLS certification or the ability to obtain certification
Please complete and return to:
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd.
333 W. 4th Ave. Suite 317
Anchorage, AK 99501