On the 25th of November, Downtown Anchorage is participating in Shop Small Business Saturday, a nationwide event put on by American Express to promote shopping at local small businesses! Anchorage Downtown Partnership is the official neighborhood champion for Downtown Anchorage, and we are gathering Downtown’s small businesses to offer deals, specials and more including clues to a Shop Small Scavenger Hunt that lead you to WINNING a grand prize! Every day is a big day for small businesses. Help make Small Business Saturday the biggest day yet.
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. has signed up through American Express as a neighborhood champion for the Downtown Anchorage area for Shop Small Business Saturday, and is looking for businesses like yours to participate! Sign up HERE!
Anchorage Downtown Partnership is the official neighborhood champion for Downtown Anchorage! We are gathering all small, local businesses in the downtown area and are rallying them to help bring awareness to Shop Small Business Saturday on November 25th. We have asked each participating business to provide a special or discount the day of.
This year’s activities include (this is a tentative schedule and is subject to change):
Coupon Tote Bags; 11/24, 5:15-7:30pm (Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony)
Welcome Station; 11/25, 11-3 pm
Scavenger Hunt; 11/25, 11-3 pm
Sip & Shop Local Arts Market; 11/25, 1-5 pm
Shop Small Saturday Specials; 11/25, All-Day
Coupon Tote Bags; Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony
The event will kick off Friday, November 24th at the AT&T Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony in Town Square at 5:15 pm. Come to the Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony, and collect your very own Shop Small tote filled with prizes, exclusive deals from local small businesses, and a map of participating merchants. The Shop Small Map will also be printed in the Anchorage PRESS and made available online on our website, Facebook, and twitter! *Get your totes with Shop Small Deals here for additional coupons and deals for shopping on the 25th inside each tote!*
Shop Small Saturday Welcome Station
On the morning of November 25th, join us at our Shop Small Welcome Station to kick off the day of shopping and great deals. Copies of The Shop Small Map will also be available.
Shop Small Scavenger Hunt
- Clues for the Shop Small Scavenger Hunt will be given about each participating small business, on the Scavenger Hunt map.
- It will be YOUR job to find the correct answer to at least 7 clues while you’re making your way from business to business.
- Return your completed scavenger hunt map to the Shop Small Welcome Station in the 4th Marketplace BEFORE 3 pm!
- We will draw the winner just after 3 pm! Out of the completed maps, one lucky winner will be drawn to win a grand prize.
Shop Small Sip & Shop Local Arts Market at Tequila 61°
From 1-5 pm at Tequila 61° shop for local arts and crafts, with over a dozen artists and crafters, live music from Jared Woods, & delicious mimosas and margaritas. Two gift bags with handcrafted goodies from the artists will be given away on the hour, every hour between 1-5 pm.
The 2017 Official Small Business Saturday Map
2017 Shop Small Specials
- Downtown Bicycle – 10% off the MSRP of any new Fuji or SE Fat Tire Bike or 20% off MSRP of the New Fuji Beartooth Plus Bike.
- The Kobuk – 20% discount on all loose-leaf teas and a sample of our famous Samovar blend!
- 5th Avenue Jewelers – 15-20% off select items
- Furniture Classics – Brighten up your life. 30% off any in-stock lamp!
- BOTTOMS Boutique – Coffee and coco in store, enter to win, and 10% off store wide all day!
- Anchorage Museum Store – Shoppers receive a 10% discount in the store. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Fat Ptarmigan – If you purchase two pizzas for dine in, you’ll receive a complimentary order of garlic cheese bread. *** Does not include Lunch Menu or Kids Menu – valid on dine-in orders only for full sized pizzas ***
- Grizzly’s Gifts – 10% off your entire purchase. Discount excludes sale items.
- Apricot Lane Boutique – 20% off + double reward points *excludes Brighton and clearance
- Oomingmak Musk Ox Producers Co-op – Nelson Island Pattern Nachaq will be $199 (5% discount off the regular price of $210)
- The Alaska Walking Store – Spend $100 on regular priced items and receive $20 off your purchase.
- Uzuri Treasures – Buy one item full price get a second item of equal or lesser value for 30% off. Anyone who spends over $100 will have the opportunity to get a prize jar for 15 % off its original price. (while supplies last)
- Biscuit Betties – A free cup of coffee or water bottle with purchase of any meal.
- Hops Hallmark – 50% off vibrating head massager and free Vera Bradley collapsible tote with any purchase of $75 or more.
- Shirts Up Serigraphics – Buy one get one for any of our quick print services! Bring in you art, or design, and get it on a shirt or comparable garment!
- Florcraft Carpet One – 20% off all in stock inventory
- Design House Alaska – 10% off all LUMI from Finland purses, bags, wallets, and shoes!
- Uncle Joe’s Pizzeria – One slice and fountain soda for $5
- Tequila 61° – all-day HAPPY HOUR from 11 am to 6 pm! $6 tacos/appetizers/desserts. We are also having a Sip & Shop Local Arts Market from 1-5 pm with over a dozen artists and crafters, live music from Jared Woods, & delicious mimosas and margaritas. Two gift bags with handcrafted goodies from the artists will be given away on the hour, every hour between 1-5 pm.
- Crush Wine Shop – Bring a purchase receipt in from any of our neighboring locally Alaskan owned businesses and receive 10% off your Crush Wine Shop bill! Gift Cards included!
- Rochon By Byers Boutique – 40% off select items
This is definitely an amazing day you don’t want to miss! So, support your community and snag some great deals while doing it. We’ll see you on Saturday!
Questions? Contact us at 279-5650, or email at email@example.com.