Have you always wanted to dabble in events planning and coordination? Do you love being outdoors? If so, we have the opportunity for you! Anchorage Downtown Partnership is looking for an Events Promoter to join our team! This position will assist with the planning, development, and implementation of our free community outdoor events! Click to read more about this opportunity.
The events promoter reports directly to the Executive Director. This position’s primary
responsibility is to assist with the planning, promotion, and facilitation of summer and fall
events. This may include use of social media, talent outreach, vendor coordination, and
public speaking roles.
2018 summer events are programmed for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursday Evenings
with variety throughout some Saturdays and weekdays for space activation.
This position is a 30-40 hour per week job for 6 months with the requirements of being
present at the events. There is opportunity for this to become a permanent position after
the 6 months are over.
ADP, Ltd. Purpose
To assure a vibrant downtown
ADP, Ltd. Vision
By 2020 Anchorage Downtown Partnership is the catalyst for downtown development.
Our Core Values
Service: being responsive to the needs of downtown stakeholders & the community Commitment: delivering a clean, safe & vital downtown
Innovation: striving to develop improved solutions
Integrity: being an honest & effective ambassador
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the promotion, planning, and facilitation of events as needed
- Assist in meeting needs of event sponsors with benefits outlined for their sponsorship
- Assist with social media outreach
- Assist with event surveys and event poster distribution
- Assist in administrative duties including permits, vendor payments, mailings, and data entry
- Outreach and coordination with performing talent, vendors, related organizations
- Coordination with Anchorage Downtown Partnership maintenance, security,
marketing, membership, and admin staff as well as outside event contractors
- Set up events as directed by event schedule to include: canopies, banners, table and chairs, event tub, meter bags, props etc.
Job Requirements – Applicant must:
- Have Completion or pursuit of a associates or bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in event planning, event management, or similar fields
- Possess excellent organizational and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate core values of Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. in daily work tasks
- Be proficient in smartphone/computer applications
- Have the ability/desire to engage event attendees
- Be a self-motivated and enjoy working both independently and in a team environment
- Be reliable and timely with great work ethic
- Be interested in the event/travel/tourism industry
- Have a current driver’s license and good driving record
- Have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Summer Schedule (Must be available for all days)
- Music in the Park-May 30 to August 1, 12noon- 1pm, Mondays & Wednesdays
- Live After Five Concert Series-Every Thursday evening – June 7-August 9
- Town Square Space Activation – At random throughout week and weekend
For additional questions, please email email@example.com