Every June, Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. hosts the annual Downtown Summer Solstice Festival. Usually falling on the weekend of the summer solstice, this festival is guaranteed fun for all ages! It’s FREE to attend and is a great opportunity to have some fun in the sun with family and friends.
TAKE OUR EVENT SURVEY NOW!
Did YOU attend the Downtown Summer Solstice Festival? If so, we need your help! Please take a quick survey and give us your feedback. Your input will help us better next year’s event. For your help, you’ll automatically get entered to win downtown gift certificates! (we promise – it won’t take long!)
The 2019 Downtown Summer Solstice Festival will occur on June 22nd from 12noon – 6pm on 4th avenue from C to L Street in Downtown Anchorage!
FREE festival, fun for all ages will feature activities such as:
Live music and performance stages, Hero Games, Beer Gardens, Makers Markets, Giant Kayak Pool, Harley Davidson Block Demos and showcase art vendors, food trucks, street chalk art showcases, and a kid’s zone in Town Square Park with a bubble zone, bouncy houses, petting zoo, and face painting.
One of the most popular events, Hero Games, is something you don’t want to miss from 12noon to 4pm! This friendly competition between Alaska’s first responders and military includes crowd-pleasing obstacle courses all involving balance, strength, teamwork and a sense of humor.
SCHEDULE & LIST OF EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- All Day Activities: Noon-6 p.m.
- Live Axe Throwing by Frosted Axe Throwing (4th Ave between D & E St)
- Blood Bank of Alaska Donation Truck (4th Ave between D & E St)
- JBER Fire Department Smoke House – fire safety & protocol for kids (4th Ave between D & E St)
- Anchorage Fire Department Rigs (4th Ave between D & E St)
- Giant Kayak Pool Hosted by Alaska Outdoor Gear Outfitter & Rentals (4th Ave between E & F St)
- Anchorage Police Department Cruisers (4th Ave & F St)
- Crab Shak & Little Fish Workshop Food Trucks & Makers Market (F St between 4th & 5th Ave)
- Food Trucks, Information & Art Vendors (4th Ave between F & G St)
- Dance Party & Lessons – Alaska Country Swing Dancing & Underground Dance Company (4th Ave between F – G St)
- Downtown Summer Solstice Info Booth & Photo Op G Street (4th Ave & G St)
- ICGA Solstice Festival Sidewalk Chalk Art & Demo (4th Ave & G St)
- Live Dumpster Paintings & Auction provided by Blue Arctic Waste (4th Ave & G St)
- Food Trucks, Information & Art Vendors (4th Ave between G & H St)
- Sober Garden with Recover Alaska (H St & 4th Ave)
- ADP Community Organizations & Showcase (H St & 4th Ave)
- Harley Davidson block showcase, demos and treadmill test rides (H St & 4th Ave)
- Alaska Food Truck Association Zone (4th Ave between H & I St)
- Live Music Stages & Beer Gardens
- Hard Rock Café & Fat Ptarmigan Beer Garden, Live Music & Food (E St between 5th & 4th Ave)
- Darwin’s Beer Garden & G Street Stage (4th Ave & G St) Featuring Emma Hill and KonneXion
- Pioneer & Matanuska Brewery Beer Garden & Live Music (4th Ave Between G & H St)
- Kids Zone (4th Ave between I & L St) Featuring:
- Bubble Zone
- Face painting & Crazy Hair
- Kid Vendors
- Petting Zoo
- Bouncy Houses (pay to play)
- Princess & Pirate block by Papa Murphy’s
- Kids Performance Stage: (4th Ave & L St)
- 12:30 -1:00 p.m. – Sankofa Dance Company
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. – Underground Dance Company
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Circus Demos from “The Big Vaudeville Variety Show” by The New Old Time Chautauqua
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Magic By Robbie
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Timbre Music Studio
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Princess Sing-alongs
OFFICIAL SOLSTICE MAP
Download the Official Solstice Map here to your phone, or print out to use as your guide on the 22nd!
Diamond Parking will be providing a special event rate ate $1.50 per per hour in their Parking Garage Adjacent to the Hotel Captain Cook. *Payment in the garage is credit card only.*
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Brought to you by Anchorage Downtown Partnership, EasyPark, ConocoPhillips and IHeart Media
1st Look NB Season Premiere: Alaska
September 30, 2018 — 1st Look TV
This is bananas! (Jonny Bananas that is!) We are proud to share the season premiere of 1st Look on NBC in which downtown Anchorage, Anchorage Downtown Partnership and our Downtown Summer Solstice Festival were featured! Thank you to the amazing crew of 1st Look TV who came to film our city and include it in their Alaska Episode! (Anchorage clip is about 5.46 minutes in).
To see 1st Look’s website and other episodes featured on NBC, click HERE.
For more information on the 2019 Downtown Summer Solstice Festival, stay tuned!
Enjoy this video about our annual celebration here.