Maintenance: (907) 277-0141
For assistance, call or text for any security or maintenance needs.
The Maintenance Team provides supplemental services for downtown Anchorage within the approximately 120 blocks of the DID. Maybe you have seen them on the street picking up trash, responding to graffiti, or at one of the many events that take place throughout downtown. Maintenance Ambassadors provide services designed to:
- Maintain a clean, attractive and orderly downtown.
- Ensure downtown Anchorage as the best place to live, work, shop, and play.
- Provide assistance for public space maintenance issues.
- Serve as Ambassadors of downtown for visitors, residents, businesses, and property owners.
- Partner with public entities in enhancing our community-based quality of life.
The Maintenance Ambassadors are easily recognizable in their orange workwear and work 7 days a week to enhance cleanliness and aid in snow removal within the DID. The entire DID is cleaned daily on foot or with various maintenance equipment, including trucks, RTVs, tractors, Sweepsters, Honda four-wheelers, and numerous other walk-behind sweepers, snowblowers, and vacuums. The Maintenance Ambassadors also utilize Community Work Service workers to maximize both perceptions of and actual cleaning in the DID. In addition, the Maintenance Ambassadors established partnership with Veterans’ Industries and Assets, Inc. that have allowed ADP to reintegrate veterans into the workforce and to provide an avenue for Alaskans with disabilities to solve their employment needs and live independently.