Live After Five 2021
The Live After Five Summer Concert Series is back at Town Square Park in 2021!! The Anchorage Downtown Partnership Ltd. is thrilled to provide you with the opportunity to enjoy local music and support Alaskan artists, every week from June 17th through August 5th.
LIVE AFTER FIVE – 2021 SCHEDULE – Enjoy the Alaskan summer with our annual Summer Concert Series: Live After Five! This is what we have in store for you:
- 6/17 – Superfrequency – Based out of Anchorage Alaska, Superfrequency began in early 2008 when longtime musical collaborators Nick Petumenos (guitar/keyboards) and Ivan Night (guitar) joined with drummer Lee Thompson to work on bringing their original music ideas to fruition. After going through many different bassists, David Nathanson joined the group in the summer of 2009 and the original core of Superfrequency was now formed. In 2010 The band added horns into the line-up. Over the past decade Superfrequency has had many personnel changes but has been fortunate to have some of Alaskas best players perform under the Superfrequency banner. Original members Ivan Night and David Nathanson have been keeping the Superfrequency engine running strong through the last 10 years. With the current line up and lots of fresh material, the band is sounding better than ever! Superfrequeny has an eclectic, diverse sound that spans the musical spectrum from rock and funk to reggae, jazz and Latin and just about everything in between. All the members of Superfrequency play/have played in many other well established bands. The idea behind Superfrequency is that everyone in the band is free to, and is encouraged to write and bring their material to the group. It is a very collaborative band where everyone works to help better each other at their craft and bring each others musical ideas into reality.
- 6/24 – Those Guys AK – Come dance with this Alaska-based band that will rock your socks off with their dance music from Rock to Country and numerous other genres!
- 7/1 – Medium Build * Medium Build describes themselves as pop-rock, with Carpenter’s achingly honest lyrics taking center stage. His emotive vocals are amplified by the clever, theatrical instrumentals. Medium Build’s history started long before their first show last year. The project began as the solo endeavor of lead vocalist and guitarist Nick Carpenter.
- 7/8 – 9th Army Band *
- 7/15 – The Hannah Yoter Band * Hannah Yoter is well versed in the language of acoustic music. From an early age her world was filled with songs and stories that spanned generations and genres of folk music. Hannah has assembled a band and refined her sound that sits right in the middle of Americana roots and classic country. Hannah and her band have traveled all over the state for numerous performances and opened for acts such as Lonestar, Ha Ha Tonka, Pretty Gritty and The California Honeydrops.
- 7/22 – I Like Robots * This band is known for their well-produced live sound, hot neon visuals and their ‘80s-centric sets. This five-member band has an all-star line up that makes up this supergroup. “You can’t listen to I Like Robots without wanting to at least tap your feet or dance in your chair. Most likely, though, you’ll get your butt off of your barstool and dance a bit, as soon as the music hits your system (perhaps with a shyness-dissolving drink or two)” (anchoragepress.com).
- 7/29 – H3 * – H3 is a Polynesian Reggae band based in Anchorage, Alaska. H3 signifies the three-part harmonies sung by the three original band members–Tau Vaaia Fakaoti, Shaun Pacarro, and George Noga. H3 also refers to the highway in Hawaii (Interstate H-3).
- 8/5 – Woodrow * Woodrow’s well-crafted songs influence by the hooky melodies of artists like The Rolling Stones and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, coupled with the beautiful dynamics of bands like Hum or The National. With songwriter Jared Woods on vocals and guitar, his brother Christian Woods on bass and vocals, Rob Rood on drums, and Lisa Ballard on guitar and vocals, Woodrow is made up of some of Alaska’s finest musicians.
*Beer garden available at Humpy’s Great Alaskan Alehouse with food & non-alcoholic beverages.
This fun, annual, free event is sponsored by Alaska Airlinesand the Atwood Foundation The 2021 season runs from June 17th to August 5th. Stay tuned for drink and food specials brought to you by downtown restaurants. More information to come!
TAKE A SURVEY & ENTER TO WIN!
Join Live After Five and take a survey to get entered to win 2 round-trip tickets on Alaska Airlines. *You must be present to win.* The survey winner will be drawn at the last concert on August 5th!
Enjoy with friends and family – every Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m.